Off to School : Weeks 5, 6, 7

I have a bit of catching up to do on school progress. So, here goes:


Week five was our breakthrough week. Look at the smile! Hooray! She took her teachers an apple and gave me a hug and told me goodbye when we got in the classroom. For the first time I felt good about leaving her there.


Week six was back to nervous land and tears. Just a small setback.


Week seven was Halloween dress up and snow day. Lots of fun distractions. We made treats for her class and she loved seeing her friends dressed up. When we walked in the classroom, she looked at me and said, "Bye bye mama. You'll come back?" She gave me a quick hug and went to play with her buddies. Her teacher gave me a really good report that she is participating more and being a little less clingy. I'm so thankful she's breaking out of her little shell.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement that you've given in your comments. It is nice to know that you, or your children have gone through the same and come out just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by! i would love to hear from you xo